In New Jersey, there are many organizations that accept furniture donations. Even better, they’ll come to your home to pick it up for free! Here’s a few of them:
- Salvation Army – Giving furniture to families in need.
- Goodwill – Selling furniture to fund their programs for veterans, disabled people, and more.
- Furniture Assist – Offering free furniture to those with low incomes or transitioning from homelessness.
- HomeFront NJ – A furniture bank that takes donations of good condition furniture to help temporary homeless families.
Donating furniture is a great way to assist others and clear out your home.
Donation Centers in Northern New Jersey
Live in North Jersey? Donate furniture or other household items! Plenty of locations to choose from. Donation centers abound the region. They accept gently used furniture or other items. Want to know where? Here’s a list of the best donation centers in Northern New Jersey. Find the perfect spot to donate your furniture!
The Furniture Bank of Northern New Jersey
The Furniture Bank of Northern New Jersey is an awesome non-profit org! It takes donated furniture and gives it to individuals and families in need.
Do you have some furniture you don’t need anymore? Donate it to the Furniture Bank! Why? Here’s why:
- Your donation helps families in need – those who can’t buy furniture on their own.
- Donating your furniture stops it from going into landfills – super eco-friendly!
- You may be eligible for a tax deduction – so you get something back too!
To donate, go to their website and book a pickup or drop-off. Another option is to go to nearby donation centers like Goodwill, The Salvation Army, and Habitat for Humanity.
Habitat for Humanity ReStore in Bergen County
Habitat for Humanity ReStore in Bergen County, Northern New Jersey is an amazing place to donate furniture and other household items. It takes new as well as lightly used furniture, appliances, building materials and home décor.
Your donations will be sold at affordable prices and the earnings used to construct affordable housing for low-income families. Plus, ReStore offers free pick-up services for bigger items, so it’s a convenient option for those who can’t transport their donations. Donating to ReStore is a great way to de-clutter your home and help a noble cause.
Market Street Mission in Morris County
Market Street Mission helps homeless men in Morris County, New Jersey by providing shelter, meals, and support services. Plus, they have thrift stores that accept gently-used furniture and household items.
If you’re in Northern New Jersey and want to donate furniture, here are three places:
- Furniture Assist. This organization gives donated furniture to families in need.
- Goodwill. A nonprofit that takes gently-used furniture and sells it at affordable prices.
- The Salvation Army. This nationwide organization provides shelter, food, and support services to people in need. They accept donations of furniture, clothing, and household items.
Donating your furniture is a great way to help those in need and keep stuff out of landfills. Remember to call ahead and make sure the organization is accepting donations and has the capacity to store the items.
Donation Centers in Central New Jersey
Furniture to donate? Live in Central New Jersey? No worries! There are donation centers nearby. You can give your home goods, knowing they will help people who need it. Check out some of the donation centers in Central New Jersey. Your donation is for a good cause!
HomeFront NJ in Mercer County
HomeFront NJ is a non-profit organization. They help families and individuals in Mercer County, New Jersey. You can donate furniture, clothing and household items.
If you’re donating furniture in central New Jersey, these are the donation centers:
- The FreeStore: 101 Celia Way, Ewing, NJ. Tues, Thurs, Sat from 9am-12pm.
- HomeFront Family Campus: 101 Celia Way, Ewing, NJ. Mon-Fri from 9am-4pm.
- Lawrenceville HomeFront Thrift Store: 15 Lawrenceville Pennington Rd, Lawrenceville, NJ. Mon-Sat from 10am-5pm.
For large items, like sofas or beds, HomeFront NJ offers free furniture pickup. Call their toll-free number (877) 647-8767 to schedule a pickup.
Rescue Mission of Trenton in Mercer County
Rescue Mission of Trenton in Mercer County is a great spot to donate furniture! Why? Here’s why:
- They offer shelter and food for Mercer County’s homeless.
- They take all sorts of donations – furniture, clothing, electronics, and more.
- Plus, they offer free pick-up for bigger items like furniture.
- Donors get tax-deductible receipts for their donations.
- And, by giving to Rescue Mission of Trenton, you help those in need and lower the amount of waste that goes into landfills.
Goodwill Industries of Greater New York and Northern New Jersey
Goodwill Industries of Greater New York and Northern New Jersey have convenient and ethical donation centers in Central New Jersey.
These are some of the donation centers:
- Bristol-Myers Squibb in New Brunswick
- Disabled American Veterans in Brick
- Goodwill Store & Donation Center in East Brunswick
- Goodwill Store & Donation Center in Manalapan
You can donate furniture, clothing, electronics, books, and more at these centers. Donations help fund job-training programs and services for disadvantaged people.
Tip: Clean, repair, and check if furniture meets donation guidelines before donating.
Donation Centers in Southern New Jersey
Donating furniture is good! It can help people who are struggling. Charities in Southern New Jersey take furniture donations. This helps people in extreme poverty or who are homeless. They get access to these necessary items.
What kind of furniture do these donation centers accept?
The Salvation Army in Camden County
The Salvation Army has multiple donation centers in Southern New Jersey, including Camden County. There, folks can give furniture and other house gear to support their causes.
Check out these Salvation Army locations in Camden County that take furniture donations:
- Maple Shade
Donating furniture is a great way to give back to your community and help those in need. Note that donation hours may vary by place, so check the organization’s site or call ahead for more info.
Pro Tip: Before donating furniture, make sure it’s in good condition and not stained, ripped, or damaged. This ensures your donation is put to good use and helps the Salvation Army with their mission.
The Rescue Mission of Trenton in Burlington County
The Rescue Mission of Trenton, located in Burlington County, needs furniture items to help those in need in Southern New Jersey.
They will accept sofas, chairs, tables, dressers, and mattresses in good condition.
Drop off donations at 98 Carroll St, Trenton, NJ 08609 between 9 am – 4 pm, Monday – Saturday.
For larger items and estates, there is a free furniture pickup service.
Donations are tax-deductible and a receipt can be provided upon request.
By donating furniture, you are helping to support homeless individuals and families in need.
Habitat for Humanity ReStore in Gloucester County
Do you live in Southern New Jersey and want to donate furniture? Look no further than Habitat for Humanity ReStore in Gloucester County. This non-profit store takes gently used furniture, home goods, appliances, and building materials.
Donating your unwanted items will help those in need, reduce waste, and make a positive difference in your community. Here are some of the advantages of donating to Habitat for Humanity ReStore:
- Your donations support affordable housing programs for families.
- You can get a tax deduction.
- Your donation keeps waste out of landfills.
Simply drop off your donations at the Gloucester County ReStore during their hours or schedule a pickup for big items.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are some organizations that accept furniture donations in New Jersey?
There are several organizations that accept furniture donations in New Jersey, including Goodwill, The Salvation Army, Habitat for Humanity, and the Furniture Bank of Central New Jersey.
2. What types of furniture can be donated?
Most organizations accept a wide range of furniture, including sofas, chairs, tables, dressers, and mattresses. However, it’s always best to check with the specific organization beforehand to see if there are any restrictions.
3. Do organizations in New Jersey offer pickup services for furniture donations?
Yes, many organizations do offer pickup services for furniture donations. However, this may depend on your location and the specific organization, so it’s best to check beforehand.
4. Can donations be scheduled for a specific time?
Yes, many organizations allow donors to schedule a specific time for pickup or drop-off of their furniture donations. This can often be done online or over the phone.
5. Do I need to provide proof of ownership for donated furniture?
No, proof of ownership is generally not required for furniture donations. However, it’s always a good idea to keep a record of the donation for tax purposes.
6. Can furniture donations be tax-deductible?
Yes, furniture donations to qualifying organizations can be tax-deductible. It’s important to obtain a receipt or written acknowledgement of the donation from the organization to use for tax purposes.