In Houston, there are many places to donate used stuff. Here are some to think about:
- Goodwill Houston – they take clothes, household items, and electronics at over 60 stores.
- Salvation Army – they accept clothing, furniture, household items, and vehicles at 10+ locations.
- Houston Furniture Bank – This non-profit takes gently used furniture to help families.
- Star of Hope – They take clothing, household items, and non-perishable food for the homeless.
- Dress for Success – This org takes new and gently used professional clothing for underprivileged women.
- Houston Children’s Charity – They take clothes, toys, and essential items to help children and families in need.
Donating is a great way to give back. But, first check with the organization about their acceptance policy – they may have restrictions.
Clothes donations are an awesome way to assist those who require help, particularly in the Houston area. There are numerous spots to give away used clothing and other household things here. From charities to donation centers, you can donate a few items or a full wardrobe. Here are the best places to donate clothing in Houston.
Donate clothing to Goodwill Houston
Goodwill Houston is a great place to donate your used clothing! Doing so can help support job training and employment services for those in need. Here’s how:
- Sort through your clothing and set aside items in good condition.
- Visit the Goodwill Houston website to find a donation center or drop-off location.
- Pack the items in a bag or box, label it “Goodwill”.
- Drop off or schedule a pickup during designated hours.
You’ll be helping others while decluttering your home – and you may even receive a tax deduction! Pro tip: Organize a donation drive with friends or colleagues to make a greater impact in your community.
Donate clothing to Star of Hope Houston
Donating your used clothing to Star of Hope Houston is a great way to give back to your community and help those in need. Star of Hope is one of Houston’s biggest non-profit organisations. They provide shelter, food, and clothes to the homeless.
Here’s how to donate:
- Gather the clothing items you want to give away.
- Check Star of Hope’s website for accepted items.
- Drop off your donations at their donation centre or charity thrift stores.
Your donation will not only help people in need, but will also reduce waste and lessen environmental harm from textile production.
Donate clothing to The Salvation Army Houston
Donate your used clothing to The Salvation Army Houston! It’s an awesome way to support your local community, plus minimize clothing waste. Here’s what to do:
- Find a Salvation Army Houston close by.
- Gather any gently used clothing you want to donate.
- Take the items to the donation location and put them in the designated container.
- Or book a pickup for bigger donations through their website or by calling their donation hotline.
Donating your clothes helps people in need and cuts down on clothing waste in landfills. Pro tip: Wash and dry your clothing donations before donating, to make sure they’re clean and ready to wear.
Donating furniture in Houston is easy! Used furniture can help people who need to furnish their homes, and bring attention to poverty in the city. Organizations like the Houston Furniture Bank and Goodwill take furniture donations. Let’s find out how to make a donation!
Donate furniture to Houston Furniture Bank
Are you in Houston with used furniture to give away? The Houston Furniture Bank is a great option! It’s a non-profit that takes gently used furniture donations and gives them to families in the Houston area. Here’s how to donate:
- Check their website to make sure your items meet their guidelines.
- Book a pick-up or drop-off on their online form.
- Clean and take apart your furniture.
- Fill out the paperwork – donation form plus a tax receipt if necessary.
- Donating to the Houston Furniture Bank helps families get a better home.
Donate furniture to Assistance League of Houston
The Assistance League of Houston is a great place to donate your old furniture and make a difference. They accept all types of furniture, such as sofas, chairs, tables, and dressers. Plus, they offer free pick-up services for larger items. You will even get a tax-deductible receipt for your donation!
Your donation goes towards diverse philanthropic programs that benefit the community, especially children, families, and seniors. So, if you want to help those in need and declutter your home at the same time, the Assistance League of Houston is the perfect choice!
Donate furniture to The Bridge Over Troubled Waters
If you want to give away your old furniture in Houston, think about donating it to The Bridge Over Troubled Waters. This is a non-profit organization that helps survivors of domestic and sexual violence. Here’s what to do:
- Gather your furniture.
- Check if it is good and free from stains or damage.
- Look at The Bridge Over Troubled Waters website to plan a pickup or drop-off spot.
- Give details on the furniture, such as condition, age, and any pieces that are missing.
- Finish the donation process. Feel great knowing you are helping survivors of domestic and sexual violence in your area!
Home Goods Donations
Donating home goods? Fab! You can have a positive influence in your local area.
Houston provides several choices for home goods donations. These include donation centers, charity outlets and second-hand stores. Let’s check out the spots that take home goods in Houston!
Donate home goods to Houston Furniture Bank
Donating your used home goods to Houston Furniture Bank is a great way to support the community and be sustainable. It’s a positive difference for Houstonians who need it. Here’s what you can do:
- Check out the items they accept on their website.
- Schedule a donation pick-up online or call them.
- Make sure it is cleaned and easy to access for the truck.
- Houston Furniture Bank will come and get the donations.
By donating furniture, mattresses, appliances, and home decor to Houston Furniture Bank, you can help provide essential items that will help families with stability, self-sufficiency, and comfort.
Donate home goods to The Beacon Houston
Donating your used home goods to The Beacon Houston is a great way to get rid of clutter and help your community. The Beacon accepts a variety of things, such as textiles, furniture, and appliances.
Here are some tips for donating to The Beacon:
- Sort your items, then only donate items that are clean and in good working order.
- Check The Beacon’s website for their current wish list to see what they need.
- Drop off your donations in person at The Beacon’s donation center, or schedule a pickup for bigger items.
Your donations will give back to Houston’s homeless population.
Pro tip: Do research on The Beacon before donating to make sure your contribution is going to a reputable charity.
Donate home goods to Houston Children’s Charity
Houston Children’s Charity is an amazing non-profit that helps families with underprivileged children. Donate your used home goods to help support their mission! Here’s how to do it in Houston:
- Check that your items are in good condition and working.
- Make a list of the items you want to donate – including age, condition, and any special features.
- Contact Houston Children’s Charity to schedule a pickup or drop-off.
- State the type and amount of items you’re donating.
- They accept various household items, like clothes, furniture, appliances, electronics, toys, and books.
- After you donate, you’ll get a receipt for tax purposes.
Pro Tip: Sort your home goods before donating to make the process easier and faster.
Donations of books are a terrific way to aid those who need it and to advance literacy in your local area. If you are in the Houston area, there are many donation centers that welcome book gifts. Here, we will discuss what sorts of books the donation centers take and where you can donate books.
Donate books to Half Price Books
Want to donate your old books in Houston? Half Price Books is your go-to! This popular book retailer accepts book donations at all their Houston stores and even offers cash for books, movies, and music. Here’s what you need to know:
- The store accepts gently used books, DVDs, CDs, and vinyl records.
- They don’t accept magazines, VHS tapes, or damaged items.
- Drop off your donations at any of their Houston stores during business hours and get cash or in-store credit. Or, choose to donate the money to charity.
- Donating to Half Price Books is an easy way to get rid of unwanted books while supporting a local business.
Donate books to The Barbara Bush Houston Literacy Foundation
The Barbara Bush Houston Literacy Foundation is on a mission to eliminate illiteracy in Houston. An amazing way to help is by donating books! Here’s how:
- Collect the books you’d like to give away.
- Go to their website and find the “Get Involved” tab.
- Select the “Book Drive” option and fill out the form.
- Arrange for delivery or pick-up, then drop off or wait for the date.
Donating books to this foundation helps people develop reading and writing skills, as well as reach their potential in life.
Donate books to Friends of the Houston Public Library
Friends of the Houston Public Library is a great way to donate books in Houston. It is a non-profit organization that takes donations all year long to support the Houston Public Library. Here’s how you can contribute:
- Gather your books and classify them (fiction, non-fiction, children’s, etc.).
- Contact Friends of the Houston Public Library to arrange a drop-off or pick-up.
- On the scheduled day, take your books to the designated place or give them to the pick-up service.
- Request a tax-deductible receipt for your donations, if desired.
Your books will be sold at the Friends of the Houston Public Library book sale. All proceeds will go towards library programs and services.
Donating pre-owned electronic items in Houston? Fantastic idea! Where to take them? Plenty of organizations accept such donations. Popular choices include Goodwill, Salvation Army and the Houston Reuse Center. Let’s investigate them further!
Donate electronics to Houston Computer Recycling
Donating your pre-owned electronics to Houston Computer Recycling is an amazing way to get rid of your old gadgets while aiding the environment and the local people. Houston Computer Recycling is a charity organization which prevents electronic waste from being dumped in landfills by refurbishing and recycling used electronic products.
Here’s what you need to do to donate your used electronics:
- Check out the Houston Computer Recycling website for a list of acceptable electronic items.
- Prepare and pack your items as per the donation instructions given.
- Drop off your items at the Houston Computer Recycling warehouse or schedule a pick-up at your convenience.
- You will get a tax-deductible receipt for your donation.
By donating your used electronics to Houston Computer Recycling, you not only keep those items out of landfills, but you are also helping to provide access to technology to people in need in the Houston community.
Donate electronics to Dress for Success Houston
Donating electronics to Dress for Success Houston is a great way to get rid of clutter and help a worthy cause. Here are some items you can donate:
- Computers: Laptops or desktops that work properly.
- Smartphones: iPhones or android devices that are still in good shape.
- Tablets: iPads or other tablets that work well.
- Televisions: Flat-screen TVs that are less than 5 years old and functioning.
- Gaming Consoles: PlayStation and Xbox consoles that work properly.
- Chargers and cables: Working cables and charger accessories to give away.
By giving to Dress for Success Houston, you help women in your area with the tech they need to do well at work. So when you upgrade your electronics, think about donating your gently-used devices to Dress for Success Houston.
Donate electronics to Compucycle Houston
Donate your old electronics to Compucycle Houston! It’s a great way to clear out your home and get rid of electronics you don’t need. Compucycle Houston is a non-profit organization that provides free, easy and secure disposal of electronic waste. Donate your used computers, smartphones, tablets and printers. This helps reduce e-waste and promotes sustainability for the local community.
To donate, simply sign up for their free drop-off services or schedule a pickup on their website. You can feel good knowing that you’re doing something positive for the environment and helping a good cause.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the best places to donate used items in Houston?
There are many great places in Houston to donate your used items, including Goodwill, Salvation Army, and the Houston Furniture Bank.
2. What types of items can I donate?
You can donate just about anything that is still in usable condition, including clothing, furniture, electronics, household goods, and more.
3. Do I need to clean or wash my items before donating them?
Yes, it’s always a good idea to clean or wash your items before donating them. This ensures that they are in the best possible condition for the next person to use.
4. Can I get a tax deduction for my donations?
Yes, most places that accept donations will provide you with a receipt that you can use to claim a tax deduction. Just be sure to keep track of everything you donate and get a receipt for each donation.
5. Are there any restrictions on what I can donate?
Yes, some places may have restrictions on certain types of items. For example, some places may not accept certain types of electronics or large appliances. It’s always best to check with the organization before donating.
6. Can I schedule a pick-up for my donations?
Yes, many organizations offer pick-up services for larger items or larger quantities of donations. Be sure to check with the organization ahead of time to make sure they offer this service and to schedule a convenient time for pick-up.